Pediatric Therapy assists children to Play, Learn & Explore!
Helping children speak, communicate and understand language.
Helping children build better self-esteem, confidence & independence in all the things they do!
Helping children move and interact within their environment smoothly and confidently.
How can a Pediatric Therapist assist my chlld?
A Pediatric Therapist:
- Works with children ranging from birth to age 21 and their families to reach maximum independent function
- Promotes active participation in home, school and community environments
- Is trained to assess the gross motor and sensory functions of children and design an individualized care plan that will emphasize improved functional skills, or prevention of further disability
- Promotes health and wellness in collaboration with families and other medical, developmental, and educational specialists
Common Pediatric Diagnosis' Evaluated by a Therapist:—
- Autism/Spectrum disorders
- Cerebral Palsy
- Developmental/Gross Motor Delay
- Downs Syndrome
- Gait abnormalities
- Genetic Syndromes
- Toe walking
- "Clumsy" motor incoordination
- Traumatic and acquired brain injury
- Cardiopulmonary conditions