Serving Our Country & Our Community—
Lorance Henry "Hank" Newburn, MD, MBA
Growing up in Lincoln, Nebraska, and graduating from Northeast High School Dr. Newburn spent 21 years in the Army in various capacities. He retired from the Army in July 2002. He served in clinical practice in Seward, Nebraska until January 2017 when he started at Saunders Medical Center. His specialty areas include: Sports Medicine, Preventive Healthcare, Population Health, Emergency Medicine, and healthcare for all ages.
Dr. Newburn is married and lives just north of Ceresco. They have three kids. Their son is attending the University of Nebraska-Lincoln (UNL) after serving six years Active Duty Army as a Combat Medic. One daughter is starting a career as a Registered Nurse, and a second daughter is pursuing a career in education at UNL.
- Executive Healthcare MBA, Creighton University's Heider College of Business | April 2021
- Board-certified Family Physician, Lincoln Medical Education Foundation | June 1998
- Doctor of Medicine, University of Nebraska Medical Center | May 1995
- Bachelor of Science in Biology, University of Nebraska-Lincoln | May 1990
- Operating Room Technician, United States Army | February 1986
- Neonatal Resuscitation
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
Professional Society Memberships
- American Board of Family Practice
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- American Medical Association
Helping you to Be Well.
Learn more about Dr. Newburn
Click on each link below to "meet" Hank Newburn, MD (in a video) and learn about his family, experience with serving his country and much more! Can you guess his hometown?
Take some time to listen to Dr. Hank Newburn talk about the Saunders County community and SMC family. Rather then becoming a number and getting lost in the big facilities, choose SMC who treats you like family. We use a team approach to your care! Be Well.