Quality Assurance Nurse
Responsible for the monitoring, implementation and evaluation of processes and programs to meet regulatory, accreditation and standards of practice.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Coordinate and lead the LTC quality management meetings.
- Coordinate resident immunizations and annual flu vaccines.
- Compile, monitor and document infection control reports.
- Assist in supervision of supplies, storage, and sanitation of all work and storage areas.
- Supervise all aspects of the restorative care program.
- Assist in implementing software updates for LTC, be trained as the “super-user”
- Assists the MDS Coordinator when needed to complete full MDSs, care plans, and care area assessments.
- Complete Resident Discharge Summaries.
- Participate in all safety, security and infection control programs that are mandatory as well as those required and provided by the department.
- Participate in all education and training programs regarding compliance as required by Saunders Medical Center policy and as requested by the Supervisor.
- Demonstrate personal traits of a high-level commitment, motivation and energy; team orientation; professionalism; trust; personal honesty and integrity; and a demonstration of placing others in a place of high value and treating them with dignity and respect.
- Take part in weekday/weekend call rotation as requested.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Supervise staff in the restorative care program.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- RN with a minimum of five years nursing experience.
- Long Term Care experience preferred.
- Must have computer experience and skills with proficiency in Word and Microsoft Outlook.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Current Nebraska RN license
- Basic Life Support
The above statements reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the essential functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the position.